Camden and Glynn are eligible to receive both FEMA public and private assistance.

Oakwell Armory
Georgia NurseCare

President Donald Trump has declared Camden, Chatham, and Glynn counties federal disaster areas. This means that you can now apply for assistance through FEMA.

FEMA gives public assistance to local governments to clear debris. Typically, FEMA pays 75% of the cost and the state, with local governments, share the other 25%. However, Governor Deal stated on Thursday the state will pay for the local government’s public share of assistance due to having two hurricanes in less than a year.

Residents and businesses can now apply for individual and private assistance. By declaring the area a federal disaster, a monetary threshold must be met to receive a particular level of assistance. Residents are encouraged to document all aspects of storm related damages.

For more information on how to apply for assistance, you have to fill out the information. Please review the FEMA site and read carefully. 

https://www.fema.gov/individual-disaster-assistance

https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/videos/118947

Helpful video from KHOU out of Houston, TX –

 

 

 

SHARE
Previous articleGA’s Insurance Department sending claims specialist to Camden County
Next articleRookie Sean Newcomb’s 8 strikeouts help Braves edge Mets 3-2
Profile photo of Jeremy Spencer

Jeremy Spencer is currently the market and content manager for All on Georgia-Camden  and Glynn Counties. Jeremy’s focus will be local news, statewide education issues, and political commentary for the All on Georgia News Network. Jeremy has served as a education policy analyst for local legislators and state education leaders as well as a campaign strategist for local and statewide political campaigns.

Jeremy grew up in rural Southern Georgia and he has served as a healthcare provider, high school science teacher, and a state education official.  Jeremy holds degrees in science and education from the University of Georgia, Piedmont College, and Valdosta State University. He and his wife have lived in Camden County for 16 years and they have two teenage children. Jeremy and his family attend Christ Church Camden in Kingsland, GA.

camden@allongeorgia.com

 

1 COMMENT

Leave a Reply